Sulphate-free shampoo is one of the common words found in the haircare industry. There are countless benefits of using this shampoo. Today. we will discuss everything about this shampoo, the uses, benefits and importance of sulphate free shampoo. The shampoo is natural and safe to use. In comparison to regular shampoos, sls free shampoo gives good hair cleansers.
Sulphate is a salt that forms when sulphuric acid reacts with other chemicals. In industries, various types of chemicals are used. The two commonly used sulfates in the hair care industries are sodium lauryl sulfate (SLS) and sodium Laureth sulphate (SLES).
Sulphates are great cleaning agents and they produce rich lather when you wash your hair to remove grime oil and dirt. In the preparation of shampoos, the main ingredient used is sulfates. The shampoo might not be suitable for everyone type of hair especially when every day you shampoo your hair.
Some of the benefits of the shampoo are mentioned below:-
- Keep Natural Oils – Sulphate free shampoo helps in cleaning hair while maintaining the natural shine of your hair. SLS shampoo helps to preserve the natural oils present in your oil. It cleanses your hair fibres without removing the essential oils. In short essential oil is preserved in hair without removing it.
- Moisture is retained – Split ends and breakage are common hair problems that are prevented only if there is moisture in the hair. SLS shampoos help to clean away the moisture from hair fibres and this enables to turn the hair dull and frizzy. Sulphate-free hair cleansers enable to retain of the natural moisture in the hair.
- Decrease in inflammation or irritation – Sulphates are harsh chemicals and hence they can dry and irritate the scalp. If left uncontrolled it can lead to inflammation. SLS free products cleanse the hair by solving all the problems caused to your hair.
- Maintains the colour of your hair – Women usually colour their hair when it turns grey. The colour will remain on the hair till you take care of it. The lifeline of your hair colour will depend on a good SLS free shampoo and thus reduce fading. Also, you need not dye your hair frequently.
- Suitable for Sensitive Scalp – People with sensitive skin should make use of these sulphate free shampoos.
- Safe for the Environment – The sulphate free shampoos are prepared with plant-based ingredients and hence these sulphate free shampoos and conditioners are safe for the environment.
- Suitable for all types of hair – People with any type of hair can make use of sls free hair cleansers. These hairs might be curly, straight, or colour treated and the shampoo is very beneficial to them.
- Tear-free – Some of the shampoos cause tears in the eyes and might be dangerous. Shampoos that are free from sodium sulphate do not cause any sort of irritation to the eyes in comparison to traditional hair cleansers.
Conclusion – Sulphate-free shampoos helps in avoiding long-term exposure to various toxic chemical compounds.