If you are reading this, there is a very good chance that you recently requested online life insurance quotes, and had a real eye-opener concerning your health. Some feel that they do not need to exercise because they are not overweight, but participation in exercise and sports should be done primarily for your health, not just your appearance.
Are you saying that you can’t possibly participate in sports because you have bad knees? Well, you can stop using that as an excuse because there are plenty of activities that you can do that will not aggravate your knees in the least bit.
It should also be noted that many people think they have bad knees, but really, their knees are simply lazy. Your soreness, whether you are active or at rest, could very well be from inactivity. There are plenty of people who have suffered daily from knee pain who become long distance runners. They simply needed to get active and build strength in their muscles and joints.
There are few physical activities that are able to raise your heart rate, strengthen lungs, burn calories, build muscle and tone every inch of your body like swimming does. Swimming puts zero weight or stress on your knees and it is hardly an activity you can ever get bored with.
When you are propelling your body through a substance that is roughly 12 times denser than air, every movement is done with resistance, and experts will tell you that resistance training is the way to go. There are many benefits to be reaped by swimming, including:
- Improved flexibility
- More efficient heart rate
- Weight control
- Improved asthma symptoms
- Lowered bad cholesterol levels
- Reduced risk of diabetes
- Improved mood
What’s so great is that it manages to do all of this without putting any pressure on your knees!
Cycling can be hard on your knees if you do not have the right bike. If you have bad knees, you want to look for a recumbent bike that places you in a more reclined position. This will put substantially less strain on your knees. Cycling offers its own list of healthy effects, including:
- Healthy Heart – Cycling offers improved cardiovascular fitness and reduces your risk for coronary heart disease.
- Build Muscles – Your calves, thighs and rear end will amaze you when you look in the mirror. It strengthens and tones yet since it is low-impact, it is ideal for individuals with joint conditions or hip, knee or leg injuries.
- Weight Control – Whether you are looking to lose weight or just maintain the waistline you have, cycling revs your metabolism and burns calories so you do not have to worry about packing on the pounds.
- Coordination – Since the top half of your body is steering while your feet are making a circular motion, you are constantly working on your coordination.
- Immune System – Your immune system can be strengthened by cycling, which can help to protect against some varieties of cancer.
If you are looking for a sport that will exhaust you or one you can participate competitively in, rowing is it. This is an intense activity that request an insane amount of upper body strength and endurance. You can enjoy the rowing machine at the gym or look for a team near you, if you live by a lake or ocean; teams are easier to find than you probably think.
Rowing can help improve those online life insurance quotes because it increases your rate and demands that you breathe more efficiently, both helping to achieve better health. Of course, it does not hurt that it burns a ton of calories too!